Monday, December 12, 2005

Another Monday??? I just had one last week.

Woke up this morning with a light fog settled in my frontal lobes. Nothing but air-headed confusion for me on this morning, which marks the third arrival of Spring for Houston this year.
Questions about my career choices swirl in my thoughts like a swarm of troublesome gnats. I have found several jobs that pay what I want, but I am not sure they are the kind of jobs I will look forward to going to every day. But maybe none of them are. The grind of something, day in and day out, may make even the grandest of jobs a little tiresome after a while. Like HST said: sure sex may be fun, but "old whores don't do much giggling." And I guess that is something I will have to come to terms with.
Everyone has to choose, at one time or another, between a life of security and adventure. And in my view there are few choices that are more important. So which should I choose? Some would tell me to get a bottle of rye, go for a hike in the mountains, and don't come down until it comes to me. I've drank my fair share, dousing my brain with enough liquor to permanently bleach it the color of Michael Jackson's skin, but nothing has come of it.
Maybe the problem reaches farther than I'm looking.
A friend recently asked, "Are you living right?"
Damn good question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home